This paper gives an overview of the situation of coaching across the globe by presenting the key results of the Frank Bresser Consulting Global Coaching Survey 2008/2009
Three key behaviours can greatly impact the individual’s relationship to the remaining four factors. Trust, recognition and support:
- Is there a high trust relationship with an authority figure, generally the line manager?
- Does the leader show interest in the individual’s success and satisfaction?
- Do both parties communicate openly and freely?
- Does the leader provide timely and constructive feedback?
- Does the leader offer support?