The objective of this study was to investigate how organizations identify and use job/role competencies and how their application affects organizational outcomes.
The study, based on survey results from 292 members of the HR Benchmark Group, addressed the following areas:
- A general profile—percentage of organizations with defined job/role competencies, job levelsfor which competencies were first defined, the length of time organizations have used them,and usage differences across the globe.
- How organizations identify job/rolecompetencies.
- Links to organizational systems.r Value of job/role competencies.
- Bottom-line impact.r Barriers.
- Job/Role competencies for success.